Adventures of a little zebra... Between hospital visits and a “normal” life

Hey! Welcome, all back! Hope you're having a nice time, so we are changing a bit the dynamic of the blog, as I promised I would do the childhood post and after this one, I'm going to do the ones Tara and Louise have requested, tattoos and tips how to have a "pain-free" workday.

This time I'm starting with some facts of my childhood and then getting deep into some of them, and let's be clear by childhood I'm talking about since I was born till I was 13.

  • I was born 3 weeks earlier than the doctors said.
  • I was 50 cm high and weighed 3,75 kilos. (And I still have the same weigh jaja)
  • When I was 1 and a half, I had an accident in the kitchen and burned my right hand.
  • I struggled with a varicose vein in my nose till I was 16.
  • I had surgery for appendicitis when I was 10. (First surgery EVER)
  • My nose was broken at the age of 5 in an accident playing football with my brothers.
  • At the age of 11, I spent 3 days walking with crutches due to a nasty plantar wart.
  • I had casts three times a year since I was 4.
  • I sprained my fingers, wrists, and ankles 3 times a month since I was 6.
  • I sprained my elbow in a rollerskating accident.
  • Till I was 11 I suffered from chronic bronchitis.
  • When I was 5 I had Transient synovitis and spent 5 months in a wheelchair.

Well, it's time to dive in some of this facts!!

NO MORE BABY STEPS:
I was a wee baby when I started crawling, and by the age of one and a half, I started to get up and walk... But unfortunately it all went wrong, one day my mom was cooking she opened the oven door and in a fraction of seconds there was little me trying to use it as a lift.
Thankfully mom is a nurse and my dad is a doctor, they rushed me to the ER, and a plastic surgeon was on call so he did an amazing work with my hand, took many visits, many skin replacements, and tons of rehab... which eventually lead me to be right-handed.


MY HIPS DON'T LIE:
Once upon a time, there was a little girl, who woke up with her hip looking one way and her torso looking another way... Hell to the NO, it wasn't nice! I woke up afraid and crying for my parents, dad rushed me (AGAIN, thankfully the hospital was always near home) and my doctor put me in a wheelchair for 5 months, although it sucks for a 5-year-old to be like this, I had a blast, my friend from kinder Franco used to climb in the back of the chair and pushed me so both of us could "run". After I was discharged I spent a few months in rehabilitation, and back to "normal"... Truth be told for me it wasn't a big deal, I tried to see the fun of racing, doing tricks and decorating my wheelchair. When I was a kid I really tried to see the positive side of everything.


CHOP, CHOP, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE SURGERY.
I should explain what happened the days before I got surgery so you can understand the whole idea, my birthday is in September the third and I was celebrating that I was going ten! So we ate for a week the leftovers of my B-day party, on the Tenth of September I got my first communion (Big thing for Catholic kids in South America) and yet again be had another big party with tons of food, so you'll figure out what we had that week TONS OF LEFTOVERS AGAIN.
Now is the 16th of September and I woke up not feeling very well, but I went to school anyway, after lunch they called my parents because I was throwing up a lot, they said I should take a nap... When I woke up after that... shit went down... I couldn't move, dad check up on me and said that it was appendicitis, run to the hospital again, got a blood test and the doctors told me that I needed to get surgery urgently... The only thing I really hated about this was the awful joke the surgeon made to me "I'm going to open from here to here" pointing from my pelvis to the middle of my chest when the actual scar (Keloid type) is 5 cm long.


So those three are the biggest facts I wanted to talk about. If you want to hear more about the other facts let me know in the comment box!!!


Hope to see you soon!!!

Love and let the dazzle gather up!!!

Comentarios